TEAM NOTES - OFFENSE
• The Titans scored on their first possession of the second half when Ryan Tannehill completed an 18-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Dez Fitzpatrick. In 11 games, the Tennessee offense has scored an NFL-best seven touchdowns on its opening possession of the second half, including a touchdown in each of the past two games. The Titans also lead the NFL with 48 points on the first possession of the third quarter.
• The Titans totaled 420 offensive yards against the Texans, marking their third game of 2021 hitting the 400-yard mark.
• The Titans offense totaled 26 first downs, registering the third game of 2021 in which the offense had 26 or more first downs.
• The Titans' 19 passing first downs were the most by the team since passing for 20 first downs in an overtime contest against the Texans on Oct. 18, 2020.
TEAM NOTES - DEFENSE
• In Houston's final six offensive possessions, the Titans defense did not allow a first down and allowed only seven total yards of offense.
• Following four of the five turnovers by the Titans, the Titans defense did not allow the Texans offense to register a first down. The Titans defense also did not allow a first down on either occasion after the Texans offense took over on downs.
• The Titans defense allowed the Texans to register only 15 first downs, the lowest total of the season by a Titans opponent through 11 games. The previous low was 16 first downs at the New York Jets on Oct. 3.
• The Titans defense allowed the Texans to gain only 190 total yards, a season low by Titans opponents through 11 games. The previous low was 265 yards by the Indianapolis Colts on Sept. 26.
• The Texans totaled 107 net passing yards against the Titans, the fewest by a Titans opponent in 2021. The previous low was 178 yards by the Indianapolis Colts on Sept. 26.
WR A.J. BROWN
• Caught five passes for 48 yards before leaving the contest in the third quarter due to a chest injury.
ILB JAYON BROWN
• Led the defense with 14 tackles.
TE ANTHONY FIRKSER
• Credited with a fumble recovery for a touchdown. In the fourth quarter, running back Dontrell Hilliard caught a pass and fumbled the ball into the end zone, where Firsker recovered it for the score. It was Firkser's fourth career touchdown (three receiving).
• Totaled five receptions for 26 yards.
WR DEZ FITZPATRICK
• Totaled three receptions for 35 yards and one touchdown in his second career game.
• Recorded his first career touchdown reception, hauling in an 18-yard pass from Ryan Tannehill in the third quarter.
RB D'ONTA FOREMAN
• Rushed for 35 yards on seven carries and added a 15-yard reception.
RB DONTRELL HILLIARD
• Rushed for 35 yards on seven carries, setting career highs in each category.
• Led the team and set a career high with eight receptions, tying Jeremy McNichols (Oct. 3 at New York Jets) for the most by a Titans running back in 2021. Hilliard's 47 receiving yards also set a career high.
• Set a career high and ranked second on the team with 82 scrimmage yards.
• Rushed for a 16-yard gain in the third quarter.
• Added three kickoff returns for 65 yards (long of 26).
OLB HAROLD LANDRY III
• Tallied five tackles, including a team-high two tackles for loss.
• Ended his streak of eight consecutive games with at least a half sack. He joined Jevon Kearse (12 consecutive games from 1999 to 2000) as the franchise's only players with a half sack in eight straight games since individual sacks became an official statistic in 1982.
RB ADRIAN PETERSON
• Led the team with 40 rushing yards on a team-high nine attempts.
• Recorded a 16-yard run in the first quarter.
WR CHESTER ROGERS
• Caught four passes for 41 yards and added four punt returns for 20 yards, including a long punt return of 16 yards.
QB RYAN TANNEHILL
• Passed for 323 yards to record his 24th career 300-yard passing game and his eighth such performance since joining the Titans in 2019. His eight 300-yard games with the Titans put him in a tie with Marcus Mariota for fourth place in franchise history.
• Completed an 18-yard touchdown pass to Dez Fitzpatrick in the third quarter, registering his 13th touchdown pass of 2021 and the 191st touchdown pass of his career.
• With 52 passes in the game, he attempted the second-most passes of his career behind only his 58 attempts as a member of the Miami Dolphins at the New York Jets on Nov. 29, 2015. It was the most passes attempted by a Titans quarterback since Ryan Fitzpatrick's 58 attempts in an overtime game against the Arizona Cardinals on Dec. 15, 2013.
• Completed 35 passes, tying for the most in his career (35 against Minnesota on Dec. 21, 2014). It was the most passes completed by a Titans quarterback since Ryan Fitzpatrick's 36 completions in an overtime game against the Arizona Cardinals on Dec. 15, 2013. Tannehill's 35 completions tied for seventh in franchise history for a single game.
• Went over the 4,000-yard mark in pass attempts for his career (4,046).
WR NICK WESTBROOK-IKHINE
• Led the team with 107 yards on seven receptions (second on team), setting career highs in both categories.
• Went over the 100-yard mark with a 14-yard catch in the fourth quarter to register his first career 100-yard game.
• Caught a 46-yard pass from Ryan Tannehill in the fourth quarter to record the longest reception of his career.